BISAC NAT010000 Ecology
BISAC NAT045050 Ecosystems & Habitats / Coastal Regions & Shorelines
BISAC NAT025000 Ecosystems & Habitats / Oceans & Seas
BISAC NAT045030 Ecosystems & Habitats / Polar Regions
BISAC SCI081000 Earth Sciences / Hydrology
BISAC SCI092000 Global Warming & Climate Change
BISAC SCI020000 Life Sciences / Ecology
BISAC SCI039000 Life Sciences / Marine Biology
BISAC SOC053000 Regional Studies
BISAC TEC060000 Marine & Naval
This study aimed to assess environmental attitudes of artificial reef related groups via New Environmental Paradigm in which likert scale was used to determine degree of agreement to the thirteen expressions. The environmental attitudes of considered groups including boat-based and shore-based recreational fishermen and commercial fishermen and local residents were calculated as 3,7; 3,6 and 3,6, orderly.
One of the commonly used and tested assessment method, New Environmental Paradigm (NEP) is a pathfinder towards assessment of environmental attitudes.
1. Atış E, Bektaş ZK, Günden C, Gündoğdu H (2005) Sulama Sistemi Performansının Değerlendirilmesi ve Çevresel Faktörlerin Değerlendirmeye Dahil Edilmesi Üzerine Bir Araştırma. ISBN: 975-94133-2-9, İzmir.
2. Cordano M, Welcomer SA, Scherer RF (2003) An analysis of the predicive validity of the new ecological paradigm scale. The Journal of Environmental Education 34, 22–28.
3. Chung SS, Poon CS (2000) A comparison of waste reduction practices and the new environmental paradigm in four Southern Chinese areas. Environmental Management 26, 195–206.
4. Dunlap RE, Van Liere KD, Merting AG, Jones RE (2000) Measuring endorsement of the new ecological paradigm: a revised scale. Journal of Social Issues 56, 425–442.
5. Günden, C. ve Miran, B., 2008, An Application of the New Environmental Paradigm to Determining Environmental Attitudes of Farmers: The Case of Izmir, Torbali, Ekoloji 18, 69, 41–50